Sunday 2 September 2012

Mood influences





It's so fascinating how your mood can influence how you see things... I got some nice examples lately that made me think... sometime last week it was pouring rain and winds strong enough to carry off a pony! My lovely "little" puppy was filled with energy and driving me crazy. The thoughts I had that day was "Shitty weather and stupid hyper dog, can't even take him outside for a proper walk to drain some energy without getting soaked... God, this is going to be a horrible day." And so it was... Because I was walking around being annoyed by the weather and the dog that wasn't going to get enough exercise for the day. When we did go out I was so annoyed with getting wet and cold and the dog was running around me like crazy pulling on his leash. CRAP DAY! I was annoyed, wet, cold and smelled like wet dog! PFT! 

But.. today! It's raining even more..  and loads more wind... And I didn't even think about how it would be annoying to get wet from the rain ect... I took puppy out to play and run around in the rain for a while, we both came back inside and dried off, then cuddled up with each other and it was super cozy! And just as I sat here looking out the window thinking this was a nice and cozy day with my lovely dog I realized the irony in it... How I hated the exact same day last week, but this week it was wonderful! Stupid mind making me have crappy days when I don't have to... Fuck you brain! 

So I've now decided... I'm not letting that stupid brain decide if I have a good or bad day anymore! At least I'm going to try not to... probably going to be a bit difficult at times but ah well! Can't whine if you don't try to make it better huh?

From now on every time I wake up and  think for some reason this day is going to be bad.. I'm going to take 5 min to remind myself what I would do in this case if I was having a good day! And try do some of that same stuff! I'm pretty sure it will help! And if not... I will still have the right to say I tried!



(Cuddles with my baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment