Monday 4 June 2012

Motivation




Motivation, do you have to wait for it to come to you, or make it yourself?
Either way you don't get much done without it! 

The biggest issue for me is motivating myself to do stuff that I should, but don't HAVE to do...
Especially if only I benefit from it! Maybe that's some kind of backwards selfishness! 
- Clean the house because it annoys me it's dusty... Not worth it. Clean the house because a friend is coming over... Done in 5 min. 
- Cook dinner for yourself? Nope! Cook dinner for guests? Well off course!  How many dishes!?

Maybe I should start promising my friends I will do my studies two nights a week... wonder if that would be enough to motivate me!


Usually other people fail at motivating each other... To some extent I believe it is possible, everyone has to find what motivates them and maybe someone else can help you find that thing. 
But motivation by force and guilt can only get you that far. You have to find that spark inside yourself, the part of you that when you feel like giving up and just going to bed and sleep for a year it tells you that you can keep going, you are too strong to give up now! That little spark is what everyone needs to succeed in life. Pretty much that simple! Your life is shit? Motivation will keep you going for as long as it takes for you to find a way to change it! 

I personally find mine when I'm low by just relaxing and thinking to myself, where am I at if I don't do this, is it going to be very bad or semi bad... Then I start by doing the stuff that is going to be really bad if I don't bother with, and usually by the time I finish that I think to myself "Ugh now it's barely anything left, if I do the rest too I can do nothing at all for ages!" 
By thinking this way I usually get stuff done quite fast, as the temptation of not having to do anything usually outweighs my need to sit still. 


But I'm quite curious on how people find their motivation to be honest, so for the first time I'm asking! How do you find your motivation to do stuff when you just do not want to do anything at all?






3 comments:

  1. My motivation comes from others, helping or getting helped.
    Got zero of that stuff otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best kind of motivation comes from remembering that the last time I struggled to find the energy to get things done, I just did it anyway - forced myself to- and it felt so great afterwards. I feel invincible when I - however unmotivated - manage to get things done - in spite of the fact that I do NOT want to, feel like it or have the energy to do it. I'm like: YAY ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Yeh people that can motivate themselves are clearly superheros! :D

    ReplyDelete