Wednesday 23 May 2012

Religion II: Why does it exist and what is it for?




I've been wondering a lot about where religion came from, as someone wrote the books once a long long time ago... And no disrespect to anyone religious but I think it was just invented! There are so many religions, all over the world... it is unlikely that all are true is it not? Well it is actually impossible... as half of them say the others do not exist... or what the others believe is  true is actually blasphemy. Very confusing thing religion, how can one stand by one and tell others theirs is true and others are not? You simply can't do that, what you can say tho is your religion is the right one for you.

The reason people started writing these books, and telling people about this "higher power" that looks after us and decides our faith, I believe it has to be to help the ones that are scared, scared about life, about death... and of everything we can not control ourselves! It's a fair thing to worry about, both life and death... and without religion we can't really comfort those who ask the sad questions can we? Why did she die and not someone else? Who will help me when I got not family or friends? Do I disappear when I die? 
There are so many so difficult questions that no one can really give an answer to, and it's hard! It is very hard for people to just not know, something this important. 

I imagine this is how religion started... someone wanted to give people a comforting answer! There is someone who watches over you, and will help you when you are in need! Guide you when you are lost, and take care of you when you die and you will live on forever there! Is this not the best answer you could give anyone that ask those question? Of course it is! Most people would love to hear those! 

All over the world, societies were getting more and more evolved, people were asking more questions, wondering why, what and when! Well... they had to be told something from their "leaders", they were ment to know! 


Religion is a wonderful thing to be honest, it can give people security, and comfort them in hard times. I love the thought of it all! 
Sadly I can't convince myself that I believe any of it, I do really want to though! 
I believe in me, I believe I am the only one who controls what I do or not do! If i mess up then it's on me, and if I wish to get taken care of by some "higher power" I probably should marry a really rich strong and tall guy and settle down! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment